Travelzoo.com Local Deals and Huge Savings for Bank Holiday Weekend
Get savings out to 57% off a range Spa Days to Adventure Experiences, Local food festivals to Michelin star meals as well as UK breaks and getaways with extra perks.
George’s Bar, which sits alongside celebrity chef Marcus Wareing’s restaurant, The Gilbert Scott, at the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel, is a “breathtakingly ornate and glamorous cocktail bar” (The AA). For £25, you and up to three friends can visit for four cocktails — saving up to 56% on the usual cost.
- You will save up to £33 on the regular cost of this experience
- Time Out recommends this “fancy hotel bar” inside a “jaw-dropping, tall-ceilinged room”, and also notes its “glamorous setting”
- The bar is named after the architect of the building, Sir George Gilbert Scott, a leading architect of the Gothic Revival period
- George’s Bar was launched by celebrity chef Marcus Wareing, who holds a Michelin star, has published numerous cookbooks and has appeared on several television shows to date
You can expect “sharp modern dishes” at the Green Room restaurant in The Lincoln Hotel, according to The AA, which awards the venue a Rosette. You and a friend can now get dinner with a glass of wine each for £39 — that’s up to 50% less than usual.
- “The Green Room has a striking, design-led interior, with candles and fresh flowers adding a homely touch”, says The AA — it also praises the hotel’s “superb uninterrupted views of Lincoln Cathedral”
- There are ruins of the East gate — one of the entrances to the city in the Roman era — in the grounds of the hotel
You can now get a non-subscription gin hamper from Flavourly — which includes three craft gins, plus mixers and a snack — for £19.90, saving 43% on the regular cost.
- The company featured on the BBC’s “Dragon’s Den” — founder Ryan O’Rorke received four offers for investment
- Flavourly’s gin experts carefully select three different gins each month
- The hampers are the perfect opportunity to try out new gins and mixers
Shakespeare Distillery in Stratford-upon-Avon has now opened its doors to the public for tours and tastings of its award-winning gin. Travelzoo members can now take a tour — which includes, three tastings and a gin and tonic — for £9 a head.
- You will save 40% on the regular cost of this experience
- The distillery was awarded Silver in 2016 and Silver Outstanding in 2017 medals for its Stratford Gin at the International Wine and Spirit Competition
- Since the distillery opened for tours in March, an impressive 96% on TripAdvisor reviewers** have rated the experience as Excellent